First Home of Anderson University's President
Dr. John A. Morrison and his family arrived in Anderson in 1919. In 1921, the Morrison House which became their home was built. By 1923, Dr. Morrison was principal of the new Anderson Bible Training School. Two years later, he became president of Anderson College, where he served until 1958.
Today, the Morrison House is located in front of Morrison Hall and is the location of Anderson University Counseling Services. AU Presidents now live in the Boyes House on University Boulevard.