Space for Music Classes
Government Hall was built in 1947 on the north side of the Valley. It was intended as a temporary war surplus building, but like its neighbor, Kemp Music Hall, it was used for overflow music classes and choir practices. The music department still did not have a permanent home at the time and had moved from Old Main to Kemp and Government Hall.
The building was distinctive for its very tall chimney, which stood out in contrast to its one-story frame.
Government Hall stood in the current location of the School of Theology building, which was constructed in 1961, necessitating the removal of Kemp Music Hall and Government Hall.
- Callen, Barry L. Guide of Soul and Mind: The Story of Anderson University. Anderson: Warner Press, 1992. Print.