One Hundred Years on the Anderson University Campus

Campus Centennial

Welcome to Anderson University! The school's campus has served as a place of education and growth for a century. Things have changed over the years: buildings have come and gone, been combined, renamed, and remodeled, and occasionally repurposed altogether. From essentially a single building - Old Main - the university has grown into a thriving and active community. Here, you can see for yourself how this transformation took place. From the buried time capsule in Decker Hall and the storied historic Morrison Hall to the construction of Kardatzke Wellness Center and the first performance at Reardon Auditorium, each building on campus has a story.

In this exhibit, you will find many of the buildings which once stood - and currently stand - on Anderson University's campus. The exhibit is divided into six sections according to the current use of the building: Academic Buildings, Auditoriums, Student Services, Residence Halls & Apartments, Libraries, and Features of Campus. These sections, as well as the pages for each building, can be accessed by the sidebar to the right at any point in the exhibit. 

 Timeline

1906 - Old Main

1906 - Campgrounds

1906 - The Valley

1908 - Byrum Hall

1917 - Anderson College Music Hall (Old Park Place Church of God)

1917 - Anderson Bible Training School founded

1921 - Morrison House

1929 - Name changed to Anderson College

1942 - Kemp Hall purchased by Anderson College

1947 - Government Hall

1949 - Morrison Hall

1954 - Dunn Hall

1957 - Wilson Library

1958 - Martin Hall

1962 - School of Theology

1962 - O. C. Lewis Gymnasium

1962 - Warner Auditorium

1963 - Olt Student Center

1964 - Byrd Library

1964 - Hartung Hall

1964 - Smith Hall

1966 - Rice Hall

1967 - Mansfield Apartments

1968 - Boyes House

1970 - Myers Hall

1970 - Decker Hall

1973 - Bennett Natatorium

1979 - Krannert Fine Arts Center

1984 - Reardon Auditorium

1987 - Name changed to Anderson University

1988 - John A. Morrison Statue

1988 - Passages Sculpture

1989 - Nicholson Library

1992 - Eternal Flame

1993 - Helios

2001 - Hardacre Hall becomes part of Anderson University

2002 - Kardatzke Wellness Center

2005 - Fair Commons Apartments

2006 - York Seminary Villiage phase 1

2007 - York Seminary Villiage phase 2

2012 - York Performance Hall

Credits

Hannah Overstreet, Archives Student Worker, and Vivian Nieman, Archivist