Space for Students
Martin Hall was the third dorm built on Anderson University campus. It was built in 1958 in a series of other building projects on campus, including Morrison Hall, Dunn Hall, and Wilson Library. Even after the construction of the two new dorms, it was evident that more housing for students was needed. Housing 174 women, Martin Hall was a welcome addition to campus.
Martin Hall opened in the second semester of the 1958-1959 school year and has housed students continuously. It was renovated in 2008.
The dorm was named for Earl Martin, the first dean of the School of Theology.
- Callen, Barry L. Guide of Soul and Mind: The Story of Anderson University. Anderson: Warner Press, 1992. Print.