AU's First Men's Dorm
Dunn Hall was the first male residence hall on Anderson University campus. Built in 1954, it originally housed 178 students and was not officially named until June 14th, 1960. The building was renovated in 1999.
Dunn Hall was named for Sethard P. Dunn, pastor at Metropolitan Church of God in Chicago and radio pastor on the “Everlasting Gospel” broadcast. For his radio work, he was known as “The Radio Shepherd” and featured in the June 2nd, 1960 issue of Jet magazine. Dunn was also a member of the Anderson College Board of Trustees and motioned to change the school’s name from Anderson Bible Training School to Anderson College in 1925. He received an honorary Doctor of Divinity degree from Anderson College in 1937.
- Callen, Barry L. Guide of Soul and Mind: The Story of Anderson University. Anderson: Warner Press, 1992. Print.
- "Campus Buildings" Folder, A.C./A.U. Buildings Documents, Anderson University and Church of God Archives
- "Dunn Hall" Folder, A.C./A.U. Buildings Documents, Anderson University and Church of God Archives