School of Theology
A New Space for the Seminary
The School of Theology building was dedicated in June of 1962. Its primary purpose is as a site for classrooms and offices for the School of Theology, which had been located on the third floor of Old Main. The seminary was accredited by the American Association of Theological Schools in 1965.
In 1964, the School of Theology acquired its own library, Byrd Memorial Library, which was housed in the current location of the AU and Church of God Archives. The School of Theology building is still home to the Gustav Jeeninga Museum of Bible and Near Eastern Studies, which began in Old Main in 1960. The museum was moved to its current location in 1975.
Miller Chapel was added to the School of Theology in 1974 and dedicated on June 17th, 1975. It was named for Adam Miller, an author and second dean of the School of Theology at Anderson University, serving from 1953-1962. Adam and Grace Miller also served as missionaries to Japan from 1922-1927.
In 1989, the School of Theology building was connected to the Charles E. Wilson Library through an underground addition that became Nicholson Library. Byrd Memorial Library was also combined with Nicholson Library at this time.
- Callen, Barry L. Guide of Soul and Mind: The Story of Anderson University. Anderson: Warner Press, 1992. Print.
- "Miller Chapel" Folder, A.C./A.U. Buildiings Documents, Anderson University and Church of God Archives