At Anderson Camp Meeting in 1909, H.M. Riggle proposed the creation of a missionary committee to assist in organizing the growing cross-cultural missions work in the movement. The assembled ministers approved Riggle's proposal for a new missionary committee, and they also welcomed his idea of establishing a publication dedicated to foreign missions. This publication became known as the Missionary Herald. The publication was independent of The Gospel Trumpet between 1910 and 1912. Because of financial pressures, the Missionary Herald merged into the Gospel Trumpet in 1913.