Orange and Black
The Orange and Black was a student led, managed, and organized college newspaper that preceded the Andersonian. Although there were very few exposing articles about Anderson College, the administration still was not fond of the student publication because they did not have control over the situation. With every issue, the administration was worried they were going to have a PR crisis on their hands.
The Orange and Black was published semi-regularly between 1932 and 1941. Because the paper was very low budget and printed with the Anderson College facilities, there was little standardization between each issue. The covers, lengths, and writing style vary significantly between each print.
The Anderson University and Church of God Archives has the issues listed below. They are currently accepting donations for any additional issues.
- Vol. VII No. 14 - February 7, 1936
- Vol. VII No. 16 - February 21, 1936
- Vol. VII No. 17 - February 28, 1936
- Vol. VII No. 20 - March 20, 1936
- Vol. VII No. 22 - April 3, 1936
- Vol. VII No. 24 - April 24, 1936
- Vol. VII No. 25 - May 1, 1936
- Vol. VII No. 27 - May 22, 1936
- Vol. X No. 3 - November 4, 1938
- Vol. X No. 4 - November 16, 1938
- Vol. 12 No. 2 - November 1, 1940